Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Teacher Conferences

As the first quarter came to a close, the annual long awaited parent/teacher conferences were scheduled. Having one child in middle school and one in high school awarded us the opportunity to see a multitude of different teachers. The first teacher said something like this, “Austin is doing very well in my class, I enjoy having him, he participates well and maybe could even add more as his thoughts are insightful.” The next teacher’s comments were “Adriann is doing very well, she’s a joy to have in class, she participates well but could possibly even talk a little less.” This went on throughout the next few sessions and I found myself chuckling out loud as I would leave each room. As their Mom, I am very proud of their efforts and work the first quarter. However, I am also delighted in who God has created each of them to be. Different, yes, actually opposites in some respects yet alike in many others. I am thankful God has entrusted them to our care...for such a time as this.

No comments: