Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blessings come in small packages!



This past week, I had my annual “I miss fall” moment. Autumn is by far my favorite time of the year in America. So many things make it a special time, the cool weather after hot Mississippi summers, football games, our anniversary, and the changing of the leaves to name only a few. In those moments, where I long to see the trees glowing with vibrant reds, oranges and yellows, I find myself looking back at pictures from Smoky Mountain trips gone by, bringing out the box in storage labeled “fall decorations” and baking pumpkin bread. Recently as my friend and I were walking one morning, we were amazed to find a tree in our neighborhood with a few red leaves. What a sweet gift God gave us, living right here in the middle of the tropics! It reminded me that Father loves me and cares about every detail of my life.

No comments: