Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life often catches us by surprise. This week I learned that a long time family friend, Stennett (Zack) Sanford had suddenly passed away leaving behind a wife of 25+ years, Shelia and three children. My heart breaks for this family, especially the children as it brings back memories of how tragedy struck my own family many years ago. Many things will change for the Sanford family but one thing will remain constant - God's unfailing love for each of them. This may have been a surprise to his family and friends but this did not catch God by surprise. He is sovereign and will use it to bring glory to Himself. Please join me in praying for this family not only today but in the days and weeks to come.

Lastly, it reminds me of the urgency of sharing God's love and grace with those who do not know him. If your life was suddenly taken today, would you be ready to see God face to face? It also clearly reminds me to keep my "I love yous" up to date. Have you said "I love you" today?

No comments: