Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What Now?

Katrina - sounds like a pretty little girl's name, but oh how not so pretty it turned out to be. Reflecting back over the past week, with thousands dead and damage beyond anyone's comprehension, we often want to say "Why?". I myself have asked why. Why will so many children be left without parents? Why are people turning to violence and crime? Why?...

I am reminded that several prominent biblical figures asked God why.
The people of Israel - Why has this happened to me? Jer. 13:22
David - Why have you rejected me? Ps 43:2 Why do you hide your face from me? Ps 88:14
Jesus - My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me? Mark 15:34

There is no easy answer for the question why? As my thoughts have constantly been on the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, God gently reminded me that it's ok to ask "why?", but sometimes it is a question filled with frustration. Try asking "what now?", which is filled with expectation. Ask "what now?" and anticipate what God will do next. What can and will God do through this situation? God is in New Orleans. God is in Hattiesburg. God is in Mt. Olive. He is there in the midst of the storm area and He is calling everyone to come to Him with all their cares and burdens. I pray that many souls will come to know Him personally through the events of the past week. "What now?", the possibilities are endless!

Our prayers continue to be with our family and friends in Mississippi, as well as the millions who have been touched by Katrina's violence.

We love you all!

No comments: